Tuesday 31 December 2013

MY WHIMSICAL NONSENSE RHYMES & POEMS IN BENGALI !

My whimsical world of Bengali nonsense rhymes.

Happy New Year - 2014. 

Through this posting, I send my very best wishes for a happy & prosperous New Year  through some of my Bengali nonsense poems with illustrations, penned down over these weeks & months. Bengali rhymes and poems are something that attracted my fancy ever since my childhood and I closely followed the works of Sukumar Ray, Annada Shankar Roy, Subhash Mukhopadhyay, Nirendranath Chakraborty and likes and of course, I cherished the creations of great Kazi Nazrul Islam and Rabindranath Tagore. 

In the world of nonsense ideas and their presentations, Sukumar Ray is unique. His world of fantasy is something that only he was capable of to create and what takes us to a wonderland that we would ever enjoy to explore!

Inspired by Sukumar, I tried to experiment with my own, but I humbly admit that neither do I have the flair, nor the flamboyance of Sukumar Ray. At best, my nonsense rhymes & illustrations be called funny and whimsy, or even directionless. On the eve of the new year, I wish to share a few of them with you and thus this Blog. An old picture of my daughter, Soity taken in Gopalpur-on-sea, Odisha, India long ago is also being posted with it. I hope, you'll like this posting.

Happy viewing...









1 comment:

  1. byang-er ato rakom naam hoy!!!!!kichhu jantam aboshyo tobe onekguloi notun;khub moja pelam porhe

    ReplyDelete