Wednesday 4 September 2013

MY KOLKATA - I (A pictorial overview).

I often wonder what does Kolkata mean to me?  Is it the city of joy? Or is it the city of miseries? Is it the city where people are always on the move, or is it a city of people who love to laze and gossip?... Is it a city where rickshaw pullers rescue the common people in the waterlogged streets during heavy rains? Or is this a city where trams ply in a relaxed manner till a traffic snarl is resulted?... The fish markets, football, marriages- Bengali style, Mistee Doi, Rasogolla & Sandesh, roadside 'addas', the elegance of Victoria Memorial Hall, Shaheed Minar or Park Street, the offerings at Kalighat, Dakshineswar or Durga Puja, political processions & demonstrations, roadside eateries of Deckers Lane - what influence do they have on the citizens of the great city?... Is it a city where hawking on the footpaths is commonplace, or is it where people love to break the rules? I am not sure. But what I can say is that Kolkata (like any other city) can not claim to be complete without its people. Or so I feel...

Here in this post, you'll find 12 (twelve) of my pictures taken over a span of 3-4 months. You may post your comments by clicking the "No comment/Comment" button below. Happy viewing...













1 comment: