Thursday 26 December 2013

Nonsense Rhymes/poems in Bengali on Ghosts !

Nonsense Rhymes/poems in Bengali on Ghosts !

O my God ! Ghosts? That too as subjects of my nonsense rhymes in Bengali? I must be crazy - or so you may say. But, believe me, I enjoy writing poems on ghosts as much as I enjoy writing them on other subjects.
Ghosts are colorful characters (although their body complexion is 'black' most of the time) and they need not paint their faces with creams & lotions, fairness treatments or even sun protection formulas! I wonder why my Guru, the great nonsense rhyme writer and the legendary poet, Sukumar Ray did not touch these colorful 'creatures' even absent minded. I presume, it could be a deliberate move, as Ray did not want to glorify these 'supernatural elements', glamorize them and present these characters before the eyes of the mini readers. Or he himself did not have any fancy towards these creatures! Or I am afraid, I may have not been able to locate any such poem (even if there is any) from the vast stock of creations of the great poet !

Well, to me, the ghosts are interesting, thought provoking, and even friendly! They do not create panic all the time, as is commonly believed. To the contrary, they are occasionally helpful as well. Here are a few of my nonsense rhymes/poems in Bengali, where fun & frolic, facts(!) & fiction run side by side. Also today's posting contains a couple of photographs taken by me (of course, not of any ghost, but of children, who like or hate them the most).

Happy reading...












1 comment: