Sunday 22 March 2015

Poetry... poems... rhymes... verses... and so on!

165th Post :

Poetry... poems... rhymes... verses... and so on!

Yesterday, the 21 March was 'World Poetry Day' and I can not say how it skipped my attention! Indeed it was a special day for poetry lovers from all over the world and they must have celebrated the great day with much fun, fanfare or gaiety or even some of them may have enjoyed poetry in their own way - in seclusion. Whatever be their preference, it was poetry that won the hearts of connoisseurs of poetry all over the world on the special day.

I love reading poems and I even ventured in writing some (funny or nonsense, 'serious', or even good, bad or ugly) during different occasions in the past. I am an ardent admirer and follower of the great Bengali poet, Sukumar Roy, whose funny, witty and nonsense rhymes have always taken me to another world of ecstasy and awe! I have even tried to follow his footsteps while trying my hands in writing nonsense poems myself. I still wonder about the voluminous creations of Rabindra Nath Tagore while I go through them. I also love and admire Jibananda Das, Michael Madhusudan Dutt, Sukanta Bhattacharyya, Annada Shankar Roy, Nirendranath Chakraborty, Sunil Gangopadhyay, Shakti Chattopadhyay, Sankha Ghosh, Joy Goswami... and if I take poems from other languages like English or Hindi, the list would become endless.

I wish to take the opportunity to present some of my recent poems through this posting, which I hope, you may like. And a picture created by me in the beginning.

Happy viewing.

Robin Banerjee
17790/290324













2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ak guchchho apoorbo kobita-r somahaar!! khub valo laglo. apnio khub valo thakben, :D

    ReplyDelete