Saturday 5 April 2014

Fun, whims, sarcasm, satire, wit, eccentricity and my nonsense poems...

Fun, whims, sarcasm, satire, wit, eccentricity and my nonsense poems...

I could not come to my Blog since the last weekend because of  preoccupations. Because of this unavoidable absence, I failed to post some of my recent poems - nonsense or otherwise in this Blog. While I do not follow any definite set of rules while penning down my poems, I simply follow my instinct and go by it. After I finish writing a verse, I view it first, then review it critically, add illustrations and then if I get nods from both  my head and heart, I post them in Facebook or in my Blog.

I wonder how my Guru and mentor, the legendary Sukumar Ray remains so popular even today. i.e., more than 90 years after his death in 1923. His nonsense creations are immortal and will continue to remain so for the next 100 years or more. Such was his power of humor! I feel proud when some of my readers cite his example while appreciating or criticizing my nonsense rhymes. Their comments & criticisms keep my desire alive to produce more & more funny poems that can bring smiles in the faces of my beloved readers.

Here in this post, I'll post some of my recent nonsense rhymes and a picture in the beginning. Please post your comments and criticisms by clicking the 'comments' button below.  Happy viewing...








2 comments:

  1. daruuuuun!!!!kintu vut-der election-e voter kara?manush naki vut? :D ar mister vrong jatoi bikot hon na kano,tNar gaan-ta kintu khub sundor, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voter hote gele KIMBHOOT holei cholbe - se maanush baa bhoot - jaai hok naa keno ! Tumee borong totokkhon, Mr, Vrong-er gaan-taa soor kore gaaite thaako : Ong bong chong ding dong dong dong... :-D

      Delete