Saturday 12 April 2014

What a way to go...

What a way to go...

From my early childhood through adolescence, I was frequently asked to publicly recite poems by my parents or elders for reasons best known to them. I invariably picked up poems by Sukumar Ray or Rabindranath Tagore and obliged everyone in the audience with my loud performances. Occasionally, I would pick up poems by other important poets like Kazi Nazrul Islam, Satyendranath Dutta, Dwijendralal Roy or Annada Shankar Ray or like and every time I would raise my voice unnecessarily, without knowing the nuances of recitation!

During those days, my primary choice of  poems was influenced by their rhymes & beats and not the contents, which I could hardly grasp at that age. I ventured to try my hand in writing poems for the first time, when I was a student of class/standard V at the tender age of eight. What an adventure indeed! Since then I have become an ardent lover of poems & verses. Whenever I can manage to get some time, I try to go through as many poems as possible penned by my favourite poets in Bengali, Hindi or English and in turn, get myself refreshed & relaxed!

This posting carries two of my childhood pictures (OMG!) along with a recent picture of mine and a family picture that features my wife - Sheila, my son - Ritam, my daughter - Soity and me, taken in mid-90's in Jamshedpur, India. And of course, some of my recent nonsense poems/rhymes in Bengali. Plus the 1st poem penned down by me at the age of eight!

Happy viewing...











2 comments:

  1. sobkotai asadharon!!apnar chhobi-gulo-o khub sundor;khub valo thakben Robin-da,sa-poribare, :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onek dhonnobad, Kausik. Tumio so-poribaare bhalo theko. :-)

    ReplyDelete