Monday 21 April 2014

My recent nonsense poems & rhymes.

My recent nonsense poems & rhymes.

I could not sit with my Blog since my 119th posting on 12 April 2014. The reason : the death of a close family member -  my very own, very dear brother-in-law, Salil (Gora) Basu on Sunday, 13 April. Salil was a top class hockey player, an excellent sports administrator, an active social worker and above all, a great human being, who always came forward when his help was sought. His interests were manifold and he was a regular visitor and an admirer of this Blog. I pray for the peace of  his departed soul. R.I.P Salil!

I always admitted that the legendary Bengali poet, Sukumar Ray has been my inspiration ever since my childhood and the funny yet nonsense ideas in his poems have influenced me knowingly or unknowingly, while penning down my own poems or making illustrations. Sukumar has left us about 90 years ago (Sept 10,1923) at the tender age of 36 (birthday : Oct 30, 1987). Yet his creations are evergreen in our mind irrespective of whatever age we carry.

This 120th episode of my Blog (with more than 7802 viewers worldwide) carries five of my recent poems and a picture by me in the beginning. Please post your comments/criticisms (by clicking the Button at the bottom of the page) to encourage me to proceed in the right direction.

Happy viewing...






2 comments:

  1. khub sundor sangkalon!!apnar priyojon-er chirobidaay-er khabor porhe kharap laglo.uni jekhanei thakun,valo thakun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bhalo laagar jonno onek dhonnobad, Kausik. Tomaar antoreek kamona-ye aamr priyo Dadabhai (Boudir ekmatro Dada) nischoiyee shantee paaben.

    ReplyDelete