Monday 19 May 2014

FOOD... FOOD... AND FOOD...

FOOD... FOOD... AND FOOD...

Let me start my Blog with a few remarkable 'quotes' on food, collected from Internet, as today's posting is going to carry a few of my nonsense rhymes/poems in Bengali, each one of whom features food as its prime subject.  Here are the quotes :

"Red meat is not bad for you. Now, blue - green meat - that's bad for you!" -- Tom Smothers.
"Never eat more than you can lift." -- Miss Piggy.
"The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later, you're hungry again." -- George Miller.
"When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, 'Four. I don't think I can eat eight.''' -- Yogi Berra.
"People who love to eat are always the best people" -- Julia Child.
"There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread." -- Mahatma Gandhi.

Needless to say, I am grateful to the respective authors whose quotes reflect my feelings with so much of ease and clarity. Let me admit that I am an admirer (connoisseur?) of good food served to me by anyone in the world, irrespective of his or her nationality. And I am sure to find many among you who feel my way!
I believe, good food is something that can even change a person's heart in a positive way.

Now, it's time to attach the poems - good, bad or ugly. Please feel free to comment by hitting the "comments" button below - at the end of this Blog. Please zoom the individual poems to view the enlarged version. This is my 124th posting.

Happy reading...












4 comments:

  1. "khai-khai koro kano/ eso boso aahar-e/ khaowabo ajob khaowa/ voj koy jahare", :D ja sob khabar-er randhon-pronalee tate toh aaNtke utthlam. tobe maar/ gola-dhakka khete akdom-i biswad, :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naa naa ! Maar, Golaa-dhaakka - ogulo o suswaadu. Shudhu dekhte hobe, ogulo ke tomaar jonno raana kore aalaada kore soriye rekhechhe ! :-D

      Delete
  2. একে বারে বাক্কা বাহা, চমৎকার লিখেছেন দাদা। রটেন রাইস চমকানাকি, দিয়েছেন দাদা নাম খানা কি!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear sengwriter,

      Thanks for your compliments. I hope, you'll visit my Blog again for viewing my older or newer posts. This is Blog No. 124. Regards.

      Robin Banerjee.

      Delete