Wednesday 28 May 2014

Birth of a new word, 'BLOG'!

Birth of a new word, 'BLOG'!

When I started writing my Blog for the 1st time on October 11, 2012, I didn't have the faintest idea about what a Blog could be! I was made to understand by my tech-savvy friends that a Blog is a sort of digital dairy published via internet to be viewed by people worldwide. It sounded appealing and I decided to try my hand on it. But nobody could throw any light about the origin of its name till one fine morning, I searched the internet to find that its name came from the combination of two words : WEB and LOG, where the letter 'B' from the 1st word combined with the 2nd word, 'LOG' to give birth to a new word, 'BLOG'! A wonderful discovery indeed! 

As I was not sure what should be the contents of my Blog, it remained dormant for 7 months - till 5 May 2013, when I decided to post my 2nd episode with 3 nonsense poems (with cartoons/illustrations), penned down by me. I became cleverer and went on to post more & more poems (mostly funny & nonsense Bengali rhymes/verses, in the line of the great Bengali humorist Sukumar Ray, whom I've ever considered as my unseen Guru), photographs taken by me, advertisement art-pulls created by me, so on & so forth.

Today, in this 126th episode, I feel privileged to enjoy a worldwide viewership of more than 8767 people (till 00.01 hrs IST), who have been kind enough to regularly visit my Blog. post comments or even suggest me towards its improvement. Thank you, my dear friends. I am really indebted to all of you. Please continue to patronize my Blog with your regular visits and comments etc.. Today's post carries 7 of my nonsense poems in Bengali and a picture created by me.

Happy viewing...









2 comments:

  1. eire!! raagun-babu ar sNapui-babu ak songe je,hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kausik, Duto minus (-) meelei plus (+) hoy !... Chintaa keesher? :-)

      Delete