Tuesday 5 August 2014

It's about friendship, my friends!

141st Posting : 

It's about friendship, my friends!

The 1st Sunday of August is gone... and with it, the Friendship Day. Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity - said Khalil Gibran. And I fully agree with him. My best friend is the  one who can bring the best in me. It's something you never learn in school, but you ought to know the meaning of friendship, or you haven't learnt anything. While during good times, our friends know us well, in adversity we know our friends. Helen Keller once said : "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. In fact, it's the friends you can call up at midnight and ask for help. And that matters.

In this post, you are going to find more than half a dozen of my recent poems in Bengali (nonsense or no-nonsense), plus a funny prose. And of course, a picture ("Half an umbrella for my friend") by me in the beginning of this post. Thank you my dear 11,516 viewer friends worldwide. You have kept me active. A big thanks to you all.

Happy viewing.

Robin Banerjee.













2 comments:

  1. apoorbo!!! sobkotai khub valo; ar chhata-toh bondhutwo-r markamara, :D khub valo thakben Robinda, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kausik Datta : Onek dhonnobad Kausik, tomar montobyer jonno. Bhalo theko.

    ReplyDelete