Thursday 4 July 2013

DO BENGALIS LOVE TO LIVE IN THE PAST?

DO BENGALIS LOVE TO LIVE IN THE PAST  ?

Being a Bengali myself, it is no wonder that I should be loving Bengal from the deepest core of my heart. It's a nice place to live in, where I was born (Kolkata), got my education and had my first employment. Here I can speak my language - Bangla, sing Rabidrasangeet or Nazrulgeeti, view plays & films, relish varieties of fish and sweets, watch young boys playing football or cricket and celebrate Durga and Kali Pujas with much fanfare.

Like all the Bengalis all over the world, I too feel proud of our rich heritage and cultures, while admitting that Bengalis are not averse to accepting the modern technologies, fashion or trends. Politics is in the blood of the Bengalis, roadside adda is their birthright and gossiping is their gospel whenever time permits.

I love my morning cup of tea with my newspaper. I love Bengal's heritage, its rituals, its festivals & celebrations, its water-logging and transport problems despite its dwindling middle-class population and love  its increasing number of non-Bengali speaking people. I love my Bengal... You are free to comment & criticize my views anytime you like, but I have frankly expressed my opinion.

With this posting, I present Kolkata and beautiful Bengal before you. Happy viewing...


























1 comment:

  1. "ami banglay gaan gaai
    ami banglar gaan gai
    ami amar ami-ke chirodin
    ei banglay khNuje paai", :)

    ReplyDelete