Tuesday 30 July 2013

THE MAGIC OF KALA GHODA ARTS FESTIVAL, MUMBAI.

THE MAGIC OF KALA GHODA ARTS FESTIVAL, MUMBAI.

Mumbai occupies a special place in my heart - not because my photo-artist son, Ritam lives there, but because this great city shows a indomitable spirit and does not know how to lose heart in spite of whatever hurdle comes its way ! I salute this city for more reasons than one. In fact, I expressed my admiration for this great city through my earlier Blog posting dated 27 May 2013. This time, my posting is on the famous "Kala Ghoda Arts Festival" held annually for 9 days during end-January/early-February in the Kala Ghoda area of south Mumbai, India.

Since its inception in 1999, Kala Ghoda Festival claims to be the largest multicultural festival with a kaleidoscope of carnivals consisting of street stalls, eateries, magic, entertainments, music, dance, theatre, photography, painting, sculptures, literature, films, workshops for children and adults, heritage walks and what not ! Even prestigious galleries in the Rampart Row area in Mumbai - the Jehangir Art Gallery, the David Sasson Library, the National Gallery of Modern Art, Max Muellar Bhavan, Elphinston College and others offer their premises to host various exhibitions and shows. Thousands of visitors from not just from the city, but from all over India and the world visit Kala Ghoda in order to relish the flavor of the great extravaganza.

Photography is allowed almost everywhere and you can take any or all of your photo gears to shoot "Kala Ghoda", but I would prefer to walk light and would carry my SLR camera fitted with a short zoom of 18-55 mm or 18-70 mm for the best of comfort and convenience. Using 'Flash on camera' is entirely one's own prerogative.

Today, I introduce before you, this great carnival and fair of Kala Ghoda through few of my pictures captured consecutively for two years. Please feel free to post your comments or criticisms by clicking the "No Comments/Comments" button below.

Happy viewing...

















No comments:

Post a Comment