Saturday 6 July 2013

O DEAR ! HAVE WE PLANTED ENOUGH KISSES TODAY ?

O DEAR ! HAVE WE PLANTED ENOUGH KISSES TODAY ?

July 06, 2013 is the International Kissing Day ! Are you aware of it? Let me admit that I had no idea about it till I flipped through the pages of the newspaper with my morning cup of tea. Believe me, the funny idea caught my fancy by surprise, but, I enjoyed it nevertheless. Google confirmed me later in the day that the news of the International Kiss Day on July 06 was indeed correct ! It further confirmed that the world record for the longest kiss (58 hrs 35 min 58 sec) is currently held by Thailand's husband & wife team of Ekkachai and Laksana Tiranarat set on 12-14 February 2013.

Kiss is a sign of affection and even the animal world is quite liberal towards kissing ! Parent & child, couples, grandparents & grandchildren, friends between themselves - all of them use kiss as their expression of love & affection towards each other. Haven't we ever seen a master/mistress hugging and kissing his/her pet dog  in the living room to show closeness?!

This time, let me celebrate the International Kissing Day with a Bengali poem with a picture, created especially for this occasion ( in poor translation which means : "Miss the kiss and get a raisin in lieu. Don't worry my dear, in case you could not manage to procure a partner for yourself and thus missed the kiss, go ahead and plant a kiss on a cow, or a donkey or whichever animal you can catch hold of ! Well, just any... !")   I am not too sure if this can be labelled as a nonsense rhyme ! Happy reading...

3 comments: