Thursday 11 July 2013

FUNNY SIDE UP !

FUNNY SIDE UP !

Everyday, during breakfast time, while breaking the shell of an egg, it's a very routine affair for my wife to ask me : "Poach for you? Double fried or sunny-side up?". And more often than not, almost every time, my standard reply remains : "Sunny-side up, my dear." The same old story continues and continues and continues day after day... month after month... year after year ! Hardly do I opt for boiled, half boiled or scrambled eggs or even omelettes !!

In my real life too, when preoccupations (however mundane these may be) keep me busy - my eyes on the computer screen, my ears on my cell phone or my brain into some complicated calculations, my mind longs to get some relief and whispers to who knows whom : "Funny side up !" Indeed I want to smile. The more I smile, the more I get relaxed, because I know - laughter is the best medicine ! I like humor, satire and wit more than anything else and I know fun is the best way to relax !

Today's posting presents some nonsense rhymes and cartoons - composed & created by me for my own relaxation. In case, you too feel the same way, I'll know that my efforts have not gone in vain ! The 1st poem is a tribute to my guru, nonsense rhyme king, Sukumar Ray (father of legendary film maker Satyajit Ray). Please feel free to post your comments/criticisms by clicking the "comments/no comments" button at the end of this post. Today's post is the Post No. 50 of my Blog.

Happy reading...










No comments:

Post a Comment