Thursday 23 January 2014

Do "nonsense" rhymes make any sense?

Do "nonsense" rhymes make any sense?

They say, nonsense rhymes do not make any sense! For some readers, at best, nonsense rhymes can only be used during "time-pass" in a leisurely manner and  there is no justification in giving them too much importance - by any scale! Of course, I respect their opinion, but at the same time, I agree to disagree with their views.

To me, each nonsense rhyme or poem makes sense (irrespective of language - in Bengali, Hindi, English or any other), carries a story and presents something funny worth readable. It may present just a simple humor, a satire, or a subtle touch of wit, or all of them. But I strongly feel that a nonsense rhyme should never reflect sarcasm in order to insult a person or his/her values, because the author simply has a different view. In this respect, I admire my Guru, the legendary Sukumar Ray or the greats - Edward Lear or Louis Carroll  and other stalwarts - for their impartial & clear visions while writing their verses..

Shifting from the serious side, I declare that I am a lover (and not a connoisseur) of good food and I even go to the extent of being termed as "greedy" by my friends and relatives! Most of the following poems in this posting speak of food in a direct or indirect way. And my picture in the beginning is a 'Bonus' - as usual!

Happy viewing...







3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha;khub sundor Robinda.songer 'bonus'-tao jabordost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kausik. Baar baar Blog pore aamake je utsaahito o onupraanito koro - sejonnyo onek dhonnobad. :-)

      Delete
    2. apni ato sundor lekhen je sei anondo petei toh barbar ddhuki

      Delete