Thursday 16 January 2014

The story behind my nonsense rhymes/poems...

The story behind my nonsense rhymes/poems...

Many of my friends and well wishers who love to read my nonsense poems & rhymes despite their busy schedules have asked me a very simple question : how do I pick or choose my subjects and how do I allow them to flower in my dear language, Bengali? To them and to others, my answer is simple : I view life from different perspectives & angles and spot the lighter side of it. Then I venture to put  those episodes into my nonsense rhymes - in a nonsense or funny way ! Sounds easy. Doesn't it?

There are times when I find this too difficult and poems do not appear in my mind as they should ! During those moments, I simply take myself off, divert my mind into some other things, however trivial or unimportant they may be! I even go through the pages of literary masterpieces by legendary Sukumar Ray, Rabindranath Tagore or Kazi Nazrul Islam and in turn, I regain my composure. I have noticed this formula to work well for me and even helps me to create again.

Anyway, without going into further details, better I post some of my Bengali nonsense rhymes or poems in this Blog and publish it before your eyes. The abstract photograph (taken by me) here is a bonus - as usual.

Happy viewing...







2 comments:

  1. asadharon sobkotai;chhobita-o;tobe Poltuda-r theme kintu Pujo Committee-r khub mon-e dhorbe,hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dhonnobad, Kausik. Tomar montobyo sob somoyeyee aamake utsahito kore. Bhalo theko. Eibhabei aamake utsaahito koro.

    ReplyDelete