Tuesday 7 January 2014

Well... a nonsense rhyme is.... !

Well... a nonsense rhyme is... !

What is a nonsense rhyme? Is it a rhyme with no apparent sense? Or is it a poem that rhymes at the end of its lines and finally carry a funny or absurd meaning? Or, is a nonsense rhyme a verse that has a strong or subtle satire, or humor, or wit, or all of these - in it? Is is meant for a particular group of adults, or does it appeal to children as well?

The answer is... either any of these, or all, or none! Sounds funny & ridiculous? Frankly speaking, my nonsense rhymes pick the funny & absurd elements from life and are subsequently penned down to express my feelings. Or better still, should I admit that I myself don't know what a nonsense rhyme should actually mean. A photo taken by me at dusk in Jamshedpur, India is being offered as a bonus and has no link whatsoever with a nonsense rhyme. Should I call this sheer nonsense?!

Happy reading...







2 comments:

  1. asadharon,robinda!!!chhobi-tao khub valo hoyechhe, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kausik. Tumee kintu aamake thhamte dichchho naa ! :-)

      Delete