Tuesday 18 February 2014

Do funny or nonsense rhymes fit into modern lifestyle?

Do funny or nonsense rhymes fit into modern lifestyle?

While coming back to Kolkata from India's commercial capital, Mumbai after having spent three weeks with my son, Ritam Banerjee, an ace commercial photographer, I was wondering why the modern lifestyle has been so ruthless to all and why everything is moving at such a fast pace!  I found everyone in that commercial capital busy, if not for 24x7, at least for 12-14 hours a day (including transit time). Well, I appreciate the need of every person to earn for survival & livelihood (and for luxury, if any), but what about their mental food? What about health? And what about 'quality time' for self and family?

You may call me conservative & slow and I might have not found the 'true' answer, but I admit, this is the real trend of modern times that one has to follow - somewhat similar to the great film by the great artist Charlie Chaplin - "Modern times"! Well. I just wanted to share my thoughts with you and that's all.

Coming to the lighter side of life, I am posting herewith six of my funny poems (nonsense or otherwise) in Bengali plus a 'night picture' of Mumbai's famous landmark, the Gateway of India by the Arabian Sea. This picture is one of my favorites. Please click the computer mouse on each poem/picture and see the enlarged versions and send your comments, if any.

Happy viewing...













1 comment:

  1. nonsense rhymes are all time relevant. in today's pressure-cooker situation these rhymes act as the safety valve; so continue your journey Robinda without any doubt, :)

    ReplyDelete