Friday 20 June 2014

O my Ghosts!

Ghosts! 

It doesn't matter if you believe in them or not. If they are there, they're there. When you are alone, a place, usually dark and silent, may appear to be spooky. It's like you can hear all the whispers and sighs of all the voices of all who ever stayed here. Sort of creepy. And desolate. Creepy like a haunted house when it's empty. Have you ever been to such a place when no one is around? The ghosts may suddenly make their appearance felt - almost from nowhere, and you'll have strange feelings!

Contrary to the belief that ghosts may cause you harm, they are generally powerless to hurt you - can not hope to inflict the kind of damage that real. live people do. The ignorant frighten children with ghosts, and the better educated assure them there's no such thing. Our instincts may believe the former, but our understanding is likely to believe in the latter. Without going into arguments or controversies, it is not a bad idea to invite a 'friendly' ghost into our warm interior, out of the wild night and spend some quality time together.

In this 131st Blog posting, I wish to bring some of my 'friends' (ghosts) into this page - through 7 (seven) of my Bengali nonsense rhymes/poems/verses (illustrations by me) and in the beginning, a picture drawn by me. My 9932 viewers worldwide (till 21.00 hrs IST, 20.06.14) deserve a big 'thank you' for being with me ever since I started writing my Blog. Happy ghosting....

Robin Banerjee.








2 comments:

  1. oder songe abar dekha hoye khub valo laglo, :D ar songer chhobi-tao veeson sundor hoyechhe, :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oraa aamder bondhu, Kausik. Shudhu bhalobasha chaaye... :-D

      Delete