Sunday 26 May 2013

MY WORLD OF POEMS & SKETCHES !

Great poets Rabindra Nath Tagore and Sukumar Ray have always been my inspiration while writing poems. Of the two of them, Sukumar had a strong influence on me - knowingly or unknowingly, while I tried my hand in drawing sketches or cartoons or writing nonsense rhymes/verses. I am indebted to both of them for almost all of my literary works.

While Rabindra Nath was quite a boy (of perhaps 8 years), when he wrote his 1st poem : "Aamsatya dudhe pheli", he did not want to give it much importance or recognition, because he perhaps felt that any creation produced by him before "Bhanusimher Padabali" at the age of 16 was not mature enough !

On the other hand, Sukumar had 2 articles published at a very young age in the magazine. "Mukul", founded and published by the great author,  Pt. Shibnath Shastri. The 1st accomplished poem of Sukumar is claimed to be "Khichuri" in Abol Tabol, published in 1914. Thereafter so many major works of Sukumar got published over the years and the Bengali language got continuously enriched through his creations.

Incidentally, I sketched my 1st poem at the age of 8 and it surprises me even today !


2 comments:

  1. durdanto tin-ti kobita!! apni je kobiguru-r moto khadyo-rosik ta apnar kobita porhlei bojha jaay, :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kausik Datta : Onekdin por ei post taa khule tomaar comment-ta chokhe porlo. Aage dhonnyobad jaaniye uttor dewaa hoynee bole aantoreek dukkhito.

      Delete